Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Second ever blog entry - The Night of Teeth

Well, I must be starting a trend - I'm blogging again. Connor lost one of his front teeth recently. The child now looks like he's never seen a dentist. I know all children go through this - losing baby teeth - but it sure looks funny. This is his 5th tooth to lose. Sunday a week ago, he lost his 4th tooth - in the middle of the night. He woke up with fever (tonsillitis) at 1:00 am and would not go back to sleep. I don't know about other kids, but fever revs mine up. At least it does for Connor. Not sure about Collin. To my knowledge, he's never had a fever. But I digress. Anyways, Connor comes into our bedroom @ 3:00, proclaiming he has lost his tooth. Apparently being awake for two hours left him little to do except for work on his loose tooth. Of course there was a fair amount of blood involved in the loss so Mom gets out of bed and takes care of the situation. That was the third time I had been up that night. While Connor was losing his baby teeth, Collin's first tooth broke through the day before thus making him cranky & restless that particular night. I was so glad when morning came! My husband looked at me the next morning & stated with an exasperated sigh, "Rough night, huh?" Funny, I didn't remember him getting up with me but I was aware that he was awakened right along with me. However, HE was able to roll right over & go back to sleep. Oh well! It was the desire of my heart to be a stay-at-home mommy after Collin was born. I consider it just part of the job that I love to do.

2 comments:

  1. Carla,

    I thought I posted a comment a couple of days ago. It must be floating out in cyberspace somewhere...

    Congrats on starting the blog. I'll check in to see how you and your family is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your blog looks just fine! Give my regards to the toothless wonder:)

    ReplyDelete